Dauphin County Genealogy Resource Center
New Side  Home Up Search Census Search Site Map The Store
Up
Online Data
Resources
Submit Data
Contact
Reference
Queries
Lookups
Researchers
Success Stories
Policy
Old Links
Surnames

New Side Cemetery

 

New Side Churchyard

This Tablet marks the site of the New Side Church Yard. Given by Capt. Joseph Sherer to the Congregation of which the Rev. John Roan was the pastor from 1745 to 1774.

Here lie the Pioneers, Defenders of the Frontier, Soldiers of the French & Indian Wars, the American Revolution, and the War of 1812. Among them are:

John Montgomery

Thomas King

Richard McClure

David McClure

William McClure

and Others

Erected by DAR 19 June 1924, Harrisburg Chapter

   

This consolidated cemetery is located in Paxtang township, near the address of 545 Newside Road, and is only about twenty feet square.

  Courtesy of and for info : James M. Richmond jrichmon@interaccess.com

 

 

Dauphin County Genealogy Resource Center

 

Web design Copyright 1996-2002. All rights reserved Robert L. Maley. 
 Submitted material Copyright 1996-2002. All rights reserved by the respective submitters

 Revised: May 04, 2005 .

View Census Records Online at Ancestry.com!